Arionis, the golden-retriever-lovin’, comic-superhero-slash-football fan over at “Just a Small Cog” ran with the Sunshine Blogger Award I nominated him for and answered with aplomb. He kicked back some questions I thought I oughta answer. I mean, if someone’s gonna be out there, own goldens, love supers, and follow football as passionately as Tom does, he’s earned every bit I can give, eh?
So, here goes. My answers to my long-lost brother’s queries:
- Why did you start a blog?
- I’ll be honest with this one: I wanted to see if I really wanted to be a writer. God honest truth. I had said, forever, that I could be if I wanted to be but I never did and I was running out of excuses why. So I started a blog, expanded it to a regular gig writing about the Rams, and realized once and for all that I don’t like writing. I mean, I don’t like writing when I have to, only when I want to. So I started a blog to see if I wanted to be a writer and put that test to rest. The answer was no.
- What is your absolute favorite post you have written. Not necessarily your most commented on one or most popular, but the one that you like the most. Only one. Don’t tell me you can’t decide!
- In 2017 I promised my friends I’d post a blog EVERY DAY for the month of June or buy them a bunch of beers. One day, late in the month, to fulfill my obligation, I did a thousand word blog repeating the same sentence over and over: “All work and no play makes Tom a dull boy.” I thought I was hilarious and they thought I was cheating.
- That post doesn’t exist anymore, so my favorite now is probably “In My Dreams I Live in Prunedale” followed closely by “Us Vs Them.”
- Are you a top or bottom TP roller? (Hint: There is only one right answer.)
- Top is the only way that really makes sense.
- Dogs, cats, both, or neither?
- At one point in our marriage Mrs C and I hosted (for years) 3 dogs, 4 cats, a bird, and a mother-in-law. I really only wanted the dogs. 😉
- Board games or video games?
- Pen and paper RPGs.
- If you had to lose one of your five physical senses which one would you choose?
- Not my sight or hearing because Bruce Springsteen. Not my sense of touch because of the computer keyboard. Smell or taste, then, though that would ruin Mexican food. Can I choose “common” sense, instead, since only dummies seem to cling to that?
- Do you believe that mental health is as important as physical health?
- Every bit. In fact, it may be more important. We’d have a better president today if we paid more attention to mental health.
- If life is like a box of chocolates, which flavor would make you say FML?
- I don’t like the cherry ones, but anything deeply dark chocolate goes straight to the garbage after the first bite.
- Which blogs do you read the most? Don’t feel pressured to include mine. No pressure at all. Really, my feeling won’t be hurt; much.
- I have never once skipped Suzanne’s weekly blog to “come back to it later.” It’s that good every time. I read a lot of good blogs, though, so I don’t mean to leave anyone else out. I just think her quality, humor, and frequency are perfectly suited to me.
- Do you have a list? If so, tell me what it is.
- I do not have a list. I do have a honey-do list.
- Tell me what you like/dislike about my blog. Honestly, I’ll take any constructive criticism. Hell, I’ll take destructive criticism too.
- I like your blog a lot, and haven’t found anything yet to criticize. Give me time, I’ll come back to this with something, eventually. 😁
Thanks for taking the time to answer, and for the questions. Pet the dogs, brotha!